The 2010 – 2011 academic year has been a busy and successful year with a huge growth in membership number and participation.
We ran two simulations: one large scale 50+ casualty simulation with the City of Kitchener, and one actor and professionals guided mental health crisis simulation. We also started peer mentoring workshops to get different professions learning together and from each other.
- P.I.E.C.E. HAZMAT Disaster Simulation – April 3rd, 2011
- A Large scale hazardous material exposure simulation with City of Kitchener.
- Peer Mentoring: BScN – March 14th, March 30th, 2011
- BScN students gave instruction on starting intravenous access.
- Peer Mentoring: PTA/OTA – February 16th, 2011
- PTA/OTA students gave instruction on crutches, body mechanics, and care of chronic and acute patients.
- Peer Mentoring: Paramedicine – November 29th, 2010
- Paramedic students gave instruction on initial assessment, backboarding, and stair chairs.
- Mental Health Crisis Simulation – November 15, 2010
- A simulation of a mental health crisis tackled by social work students, paramedic, pre-service firefighters, police foundation, and nursing students guided by mental health professionals and a police officer.
- Interprofessional Case Showcase – October 23, 2010